Thursday, September 24, 2015

Important Writing Advice

Hello readers.

It's been a while. I've been busy at working on my own material and helping other. Today I have an important piece of writing advice. It is quite simple:

When writing a script or novel, write the script or novel in full first. Then go back to read and revise it. Never write the first chapter or act 1 then keep redoing it until you get them right then go on to write the rest of the script or novel. Doing this takes time away from focusing on completing the story and can confuse you. Worst of all, you'll never get the material done. I tell this to writers all the time.

Also don't worry over grammar and spelling. When doing the first draft just focus on getting the idea down. Then make adjustments and correction and changes in future drafts. That script or novel will never come out perfect in the first draft.

That is all I have to say for today .


No comments:

Post a Comment